Royal Icing? I Don’T Like, Need Something Similar?!?!?

Decorating By taykod Updated 9 Feb 2015 , 9:48pm by bubs1stbirthday

taykod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taykod Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 3:54am
post #1 of 8

I love how royal icing looks on cookies, but I do not like the taste. I have tried many different recipes, I am just unsatisfied. Any help please?!?!?!

7 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 4:07am
post #2 of 8

http://www.cakecentral.com/a/toba-garretts-glace-icing

Toba Garrett's Glace' Icing

Ingredients

• 1 lb. confectioners' sugar 3/8 cup milk 3/8 cup light corn syrup flavoring as desired

Instructions

1. In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and milk first. Add corn syrup just until combined.
  2. Divide to flavor and add color.

MBalaska Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 4:38am
post #3 of 8
taykod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taykod Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 4:41am
post #4 of 8

Thank you MBalaska! I will definitely be trying those!!!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 7:54am
post #5 of 8

AI use a pretty typical royal icing but I use fresh lemon juice instead of water. I like it a lot better and my customers love it as well.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 11:07am
post #6 of 8

I tried out the Toba Garett recipe and it is great. Definitely worth giving it a go, dries so much faster than RI too and the colours meld together seamlessly while it is still wet. I don't know how it would go with any decorative overpiping though?

MBalaska Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 11:09am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs1stbirthday 

I tried out the Toba Garett recipe and it is great. Definitely worth giving it a go, dries so much faster than RI too and the colours meld together seamlessly while it is still wet. I don't know how it would go with any decorative overpiping though?

for overpiping, let the cookie icing dry, thicken up your icing with a bit more powdered sugar, then do your overpiping.  that's how I did my messy squiggly greens on the pumpkins. they are actually pretty thin.  I'm good at making messy squiggles lol.

Corn Syrup glace using the quilting method to give definition to the sections.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Feb 2015 , 9:48pm
post #8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

for overpiping, let the cookie icing dry, thicken up your icing with a bit more powdered sugar, then do your overpiping.  that's how I did my messy squiggly greens on the pumpkins. they are actually pretty thin.  I'm good at making messy squiggles lol.

Corn Syrup glace using the quilting method to give definition to the sections.

This is what I love about the icing - how all the lines meld into the pumpkin underneath to give the pumpkins definition. A much longer working time to do this than you have with RI.  I also flavoured mine with lemon extract and used it on gingerbread biscuits and they were really yummy. Thanks MB.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%