I’M Planning A Chocolate ‘Afternoon Tea’, Anyone Any Ideas To Make It Super Chocolaty?

Lounge By Crazy-Gray Updated 23 Feb 2015 , 1:45pm by Crazy-Gray

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 5

So with a certain smooshy day fast approaching I have decided to be less procrasinatory and plan a wee treat for Mrs Gray…. She totally deserves it putting up with me!!!

We have sampled a fair few afternoon teas and love them but not being a huge tea fan I’ve decided to do a hot chocolate afternoon tea with chocolate petits fours… I thought it would be easy but I’m struggling a bit with ideas here!

Do you think a full on chocolate onslaught would ruin it or make it?? I could do one really indulgent one and lots of little light ones, do you think that would be better? The old phrase “if I’ll be hung for a lamb I might as well be hung for a mutton” comes to mind though….

My menu ideas are currentlly: brownie (marbled maybe), millionaire shortbread, mini choc cookie, choc chip meringue* but it seems a bit bland and not very texturally diverse.

Maybe I’m over thinking this??!

Any ideas anyone to help me improve this a bit? :)

* I might also include OREOS Costumeczar?!

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 5

If she loves chocolate, a chocolate onslaught sounds fantastic!  So I would say yes to all of the above, plus chocolate cheesecake (add cocoa to your favourite plain cheesecake recipe for an easy fix), and chocolate eclairs/profiteroles with fresh cream inside. Don't forget the crystallised rose petals for deco! Pretty sure there is a DIY floating around the web, but I recall you dip the petal in egg white then dust with icing sugar or something.... 

And don't forget little bowls of mini marshmallows and whipped double cream for the hot choccy.

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 4 Feb 2015 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 5

I'd maybe mix it up by pairing the chocolate with other flavours - raspberry, orange and mint are all delicious with chocolate (although be careful with the mint as it would clash with fruit flavours).  There's also the variety to be gained from using plain , milk and white chocolate in your recipes.

You could also do different flavours of hot chocolate and have each one as a "course" served with a different petit four.  For example, vanilla, cinammon, chilli...

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 23 Feb 2015 , 7:22am
post #4 of 5

I realise you may have been planning this for valentines day, and thus my finding the thread is now just too late.  I did a chocolate party for my 11 year old last year....it was fabulous fun and one guest declared she was chocolated out by the 2 hour mark (it was a sleepover, and we still had 22 hours to go!)  Some of these ideas may suit....

Afternoon tea....

Chocolate fudge

Chocolate cupcakes

Chocolate cake pops

"Melted Chocolate Icecream" cake

Chocolate Milk

Chocolate Fountain (with fresh fruit, marshmallows & lolly bananas to dip in)

Choc chip cookies

Dinner

(some relief with rice paper rolls)

Chocolate icecreams

After dinner mints

Tim Tams

Breakfast

Cocoa Pops Cereal

Chocolate filled croissants

Chocolate filled brioche

Hot Chocolates

Craft:

Chocolate bubble bath

Chocolate bath salts

Games:

Roll a 6 and cut some chocolate with knife & fork (dress up etc)

Table Soccer with malteasers & straws

Chocolate treasure hunt

unscramble the chocolate bars

Blind taste - guess the chocolate bar

Loot Bags

Chocolate Pops

Chocolate bars

Chocolate lip balm

their craft

Hot Chocolate CD

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 23 Feb 2015 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Mouthfuls 

I realise you may have been planning this for valentines day, and thus my finding the thread is now just too late.  I did a chocolate party for my 11 year old last year....it was fabulous fun and one guest declared she was chocolated out by the 2 hour mark (it was a sleepover, and we still had 22 hours to go!)  Some of these ideas may suit....

Afternoon tea....

Chocolate fudge

Chocolate cupcakes

Chocolate cake pops

"Melted Chocolate Icecream" cake

Chocolate Milk

Chocolate Fountain (with fresh fruit, marshmallows & lolly bananas to dip in)

Choc chip cookies

Dinner

(some relief with rice paper rolls)

Chocolate icecreams

After dinner mints

Tim Tams

Breakfast

Cocoa Pops Cereal

Chocolate filled croissants

Chocolate filled brioche

Hot Chocolates

Craft:

Chocolate bubble bath

Chocolate bath salts

Games:

Roll a 6 and cut some chocolate with knife & fork (dress up etc)

Table Soccer with malteasers & straws

Chocolate treasure hunt

unscramble the chocolate bars

Blind taste - guess the chocolate bar

Loot Bags

Chocolate Pops

Chocolate bars

Chocolate lip balm

their craft

Hot Chocolate CD

What fantastic ideas!!

I think this chocolate afternoon tea is going to persist as a little tradition, hopefully I can keep expanding it... you're so creative these are all so fun and so very helpful!

Thank you very much :)

Gray

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%