Bakels Pettinice Purple Fondant

Decorating By emmawooding Updated 3 Feb 2015 , 10:36pm by emmawooding

emmawooding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmawooding Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 4

AHi everyone, this is my first post and I'm just curious what your experience with the bakels purple fondant is like? I brought it from over an hour away and when I got home I realized that the expiry was 02/2015. I called the store and they assured me that being pure sugar that it will last at least another twelve months. So I open one pack and it's like midnight blue. I don't know if this many be because it's old or if this is the colour? I can't find any images on Google except in the package which looks royal purple like I need and I'm wanting to use about 2kgs so I don't want to colour it. I kneaded in white but now it's a dull purple :( hope this is the appropriate thread. Thank you everyone :)

3 replies
Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 6:39am
post #2 of 4

I'm sorry newbie Emma that no one was able to help you.  I bought Bakels white once and swear never again.  I hated it.  I have never bought purple, but have had to buy the blue and the red when suppliers had no other brands available but the colours were as expected.  The websites certainly show a proper 'Barney' dinosaur purple - and not a midnight blue.  I'd write to Bakels (they are Australian) and ask for a refund.  Hope you were able to fix the colour of your fondant in time.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 4

The pH may be off...

Try needing in a little baking soda... Though, it will change the taste... for not the better...

So maybe you should try it with just a little piece...

emmawooding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmawooding Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 4

AThanks everyone for replying. I think I will try satin ice. I'm in Australia so I don't have many options.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%