Standing Football Cake Holder

Decorating By bakeforfun21 Updated 30 Jan 2015 , 3:35pm by bakeforfun21

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 3

My husband sprung a super bowl party on me at the last minute and I'm supposed to make the cake. I want to make a standing football cake but I don't know what to use as a cake stand. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking to use a football tee but I don't know if that will be strong enough to hold my cake without it falling over.

2 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 3

Depending on the orientation of the football you have in mind,

1) level off the bottom so it sits flat against your plate/tray

2) cut off one of the tips (is that allowed or does that fall under deflate-gate?!?) and stand it upright

Regardless, I would make a pan of brownies, use a grass tip to pipe grass (or green buttercream in your own design) and plop that football right on there!  I say brownies because there is no easier sheet to make that you know everyone will gobble up as soon as you put it down.

If you wanted to get fancy you could pipe white horizontal lines to indicate the football field. 

Are you using the football shaped pan?  I've used that pan many times )and even a few times to make a football!)

Good luck

Theresa

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresaf 

Depending on the orientation of the football you have in mind,

1) level off the bottom so it sits flat against your plate/tray

2) cut off one of the tips (is that allowed or does that fall under deflate-gate?!?) and stand it upright

Regardless, I would make a pan of brownies, use a grass tip to pipe grass (or green buttercream in your own design) and plop that football right on there!  I say brownies because there is no easier sheet to make that you know everyone will gobble up as soon as you put it down.

If you wanted to get fancy you could pipe white horizontal lines to indicate the football field. 

Are you using the football shaped pan?  I've used that pan many times )and even a few times to make a football!)

Good luck

Theresa

Oooo, I love this!! I was going to put grass cupcakes around it with chocolate jerseys in both team colors as cupcake toppers. I wish I knew how to draw it so you could see my idea. I bought the wilton football pan but that thing is huge. I will have cake for days if I 3d that. (I still want to do it though.) This is one my simplest yet most complex designs. I think I'm going to do the brownies though. My cupcake pans are already over loaded with chicken wing cupcakes and pulled pork cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%