How Do I Make/where To Buy A Lord Of The Rings Elvish Writing Text Stencil

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 3 Feb 2015 , 1:29am by rowantree

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 5:26am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the best way to reproduce this "Elvish" text from The Lord of The Rings on a cake side? I don't want to leave it up to my free-hand piping. Doea this exists in stencil form or can someone suggest a neat way to get this onto a cake side? Thank you!  

2 replies
Edible Art Co Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edible Art Co Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Pearl, that design looks like it would lend itself very well to being piped, what I would do is print out it the size you need to go around the cake, get some tracing paper or greaseproof (baking) paper, and draw over it so you have a transparent sheet with the text on it. Then wrap the paper around the cake, holding it in place with a bit of tape etc (make sure it's level all the way around!), and use something like a cocktail stick or small knife to carefully go over the letters, pressing gently into the icing as you go. Then peel off the paper, and voila! One cake neatly imprinted with the letters, now all you have to do is pipe over it!

HTH :smile: 

rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 1:29am
post #3 of 3

I'd do an edible print of it.  That would give you a really good image and sink right into your frosting.  You can also attach it to fondant with a "glue" of piping gel brushed on first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%