Think I Came To The Right Place! I Have Fallin In Love With Decorating Cookies...

Decorating By CookieNibz Updated 1 Feb 2015 , 3:42am by CookieNibz

CookieNibz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieNibz Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 10

I recently joined CC and have been obsessed with all the wonderful information available. After hours of researching different recipes for my new found love for decorating cookies, I figure THIS MUST BE THE PLACE to find out! I am just a home baker that really loves christmas. Well this past year I also fell in love with decorating cookies. In planning my next year's treats I have decided to go with almost all decorated cookies. Yes I plan this far in advance, because my gift paper, trees, cookies & treats color coordinate every year. Yes I'm sick,lol.

Since I really enjoyed decorating cookies I would like to mix it up a bit. I have only done sugar cookies. There has to be other roll out cookie recipes out there. Or a formula to use to transform any cookie recipe to a roll out cookie. I would LOVE to know if anyone has some tried & true recipes for roll out/cut out cookies for perhaps chocolate, pecan sandies, oatmeal etc. I know Sugarbelle's page had a couple of recipes but has anyone tried those?

Thanks in advanced! This is such a wonderfully helpful forum. Everyone seems so helpful & above all, knowledgeable!

9 replies
jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 1:03am
post #2 of 10

A[SIZE=4][/SIZE] I have tried chocolate roll-out cookies and they were not a huge hit. I would like to try some others as well.

CookieNibz Posted 27 Jan 2015 , 1:15am
post #3 of 10

A

Original message sent by jdelectables

[SIZE=4][/SIZE] I have tried chocolate roll-out cookies and they were not a huge hit. I would like to try some others as well.

I have done more research & figured out the reason I couldn't find info b4 was because I was simply searching for roll out cookies (just loads of sugar cookie recipes). I started plugging in specific flavors & found a few. When I'm on my laptop later I will post them. Maybe we can both try some :)

Got recipes for (going by memory) , chocolate, oatmeal, peanut butter, strawberry, red velvet.... Think was all of them. They got decent reviews, but I always like to try myself. Lol.

[B]THANKS!!! For input. [/B]

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 10

So have you tried any of these recipes??  Also what recipe do you use for your sugar cookie?

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 10

My sugar cookie recipe has sour cream which I like but sometimes they don't rise very well.  Not sure why?  But thought I might try a different recipe does this one have much flavor??

CookieNibz Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 2:30am
post #8 of 10

@Annie, wouldn't let me quote you...

Bummer, cause the new sugar cookie recipe I was wanting to try called for cream cheese... I hope they work.

To find this recipe Google, the Kitchn (yes it's mispelled) : essential Holiday recipe:the best cut-out sugar cookies. I don't have link saved on my phone, but u should be able to find it.

While I'mvvery satisfied with my current SC recipe (shared above) ANYTHING with cream cheese deserves a chance lol ;). If I have time to try them I will share my results, but won't be for awhile. You do the same.

If u can't find it, just let me know I'll just write out recipe 4 ya :)

CookieNibz Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 4:04am
post #9 of 10

ahhhhhh, back on my laptop, here is the link to the sugar cookies i want to try.

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-best-cutout-cookies-38629

CookieNibz Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 3:42am
post #10 of 10

A

Original message sent by Annie70

So have you tried any of these recipes??  Also what recipe do you use for your sugar cookie?

Original message sent by jdelectables

[SIZE=4][/SIZE] I have tried chocolate roll-out cookies and they were not a huge hit. I would like to try some others as well.

I tried the "end-all chocolate cookie recipe" on lilalola's site. They tasted WONDERFUL, held their shape PERFECTLY, but I thought the dough was hard to work with. This was the review I left on recipe. http://www.lilaloa.com/2011/03/end-all-for-chocolate-cookies-recipe.html?m=1

"January 31, 2015 at 9:15 pmI halved the recipe, maybe this had something to do with my problems. I loved the FLAVOR! I loved how well they held theirshape! However, the dough was hard to work with, mine was very crumbly. I used tthe “immediate bake with extra flour recipe. My first roll out went well. My second roll out was slightly crumbly, even after kneading, then refrigerated. My third roll out was ik. Couldn’t get it to hold at all. I’m gonna keep rest of dough in fridge overnight & hope that works :(. Any ideas on what could have went wrong?Like I said though, the flavor was wonderful. Chocolatey, soft with a slight crisp on the outside. It was a wonderful cut out cookie recip, held the shape perfectly! I guess iI would rate it 3.5 out of 5.was a bit of a let down, considering the name.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%