Ideas For A Panda Cake For An Adult Man?

Decorating By tsal Updated 19 Jan 2015 , 10:01am by Magic Mouthfuls

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 17 Jan 2015 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

Dh's friend's wife called me asking me to make a cake for her son's birthday.  He is 32. When I asked about a theme, she said that he loves pandas but doesn't want the cake to look like it's for a kid.

I was thinking that since pandas are black and white and tuxedos are black and white, perhaps I could make a simple white cake with tuxedo buttons in the front and a small panda figurine in the back?  I'm not sure how else to make this age-appropriate!

Ideas/Comments?

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Jan 2015 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 8

you could use some bamboo greenery to add to the decor -- they eat tons of it -- idk pandas are just rolly poly unmasculine cuties -- maybe put the panda in a nice indiana jones grown up guy's hat  -- or just border a scroll cake with panda faces and the bamboo -- or run the bamboo around the edges up over the sides and have panda faces peeking up out of it -- maybe a foot sticking out somewhere --

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 8

Immediately I thought of the 3-D bear mold and a Panda with a stick of bamboo in his hands and the wording "take a big bit out of life Hal" or whatever his name is.  Or "it's your party eat all the bamboo you want".  In other words make it grown up with the wording because no matter how you dress the bear up or down - he's still gunna look way too cute.

tsal Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks!  I sent over some ideas but she sent me back a picture of a cake that she liked.  It was for an 8-yr old girl, but she likes it anyway.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 8

i see that you have your inspiration now -- but i took this picture and thought i posted it this morning but i forgot to hit submit but it's still a cool picture  --

i guess i should have cropped this but anyway -- this might lend some inspiration

tsal Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 8

AThat's one cool panda!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 8

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

i see that you have your inspiration now -- but i took this picture and thought i posted it this morning but i forgot to hit submit but it's still a cool picture  --

[URL=http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3322366/] [/URL]

i guess i should have cropped this but anyway -- this might lend some inspiration

That would be great for Valentine's Day! My girls would love cookies like that :)

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 10:01am
post #8 of 8

What about a take on 'Kung Fu Panda' - he's got attitude rather than cuteness ? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%