Wedding Strawberries?

Decorating By Britterfly Updated 15 Jan 2015 , 3:14pm by leah_s

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 14 Jan 2015 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 4

How much do you charge (per dozen) for Wedding themed chocolate covered strawberries.... like the bride & groom? I'm trying to make a price menu for my strawberries... I'm not sure how to price the wedding ones because they take a little more time to decorate (make the bow tie & buttons, edible pearls).

3 replies
Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone? I have tried messaging local bakeries, but get no answers & when I look around online all I find are companies that sell them for like $50 a dozen. I guess I'll have to create my own price. I just wanted to see what others charged so I could price them reasonably.

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 4

I have never done them but I'd price them just like I would price anything else...materials + (hour rate x hours) + costs.  Good luck :-)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 4

I'd never even consider doing them for less than $3 each, and that may actually be low.  They are a last minute item, as they won't hold.  And when you get into little, piddly, last minute stuff, its OK to tack on a PITA surcharge.  If everywhere you find them priced at $50 a dozen, well there's a reason.  Everyone else can't be wrong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%