Cake Business Uk - Alcohol License?!

Business By charlottesx1 Updated 11 Jan 2015 , 5:54pm by petitecat

charlottesx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlottesx1 Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 2


My friend and I are starting a cake business from home. The difference is some of our cakes include alcohol, do I need a license to sell these? How do I go about doing this? I tried looking on the gov website but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Thank you


1 reply
petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 2

I doubt it. The amounts of alcohol are pretty small and you'll only be selling a cake with alcohol every so often. Check with the local council, which you need to do to inform them of your intent to start a food based business anyway. HTH :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%