Sams Buttercream

Decorating By lakish Updated 11 Jan 2015 , 6:51pm by lakish

lakish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakish Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 11:27am
post #1 of 7

I bought Sams buttercream and transferred the buttercream into couple of airtight containers and threw the original bucket away. I forgot to notice the expiration date. It's been sitting in the refrigerator since 3 months. How can I say its good to use or not?

Thank you,

Lakish.

6 replies
georgiacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgiacakelady Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 1:45am
post #2 of 7

AI'm pretty sure it has a shelf life of 3-4 months, maybe a little longer. I would probably throw it out considering you don't know how long it sat there before you purchased it.it doesnt require refrigeration though so if you purchase it again, it is perfectly fine to be left at room temperature in the original bucket.i use to work at wal mart bakery which uses the same icing and I use it myself at home.

janetcentral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janetcentral Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 4:00am
post #3 of 7

AIs this the same buttercream sams club sells?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 7

I know this is going to sound . . . well, fill in the blank, but if this is the typical bucket butt-r-cream that I can buy from Dawn Foods, it's good for nine months at room temp after opening.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 7

Wow!! Good for nine months?? That sounds a lot better than lasting for 3-4 months!!

Cupcakegirl2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 7

A9 months sounds right I worked at krogers bakery for years, we had a huge bucket of chocolate that was there along times, since we didn't use it that much

lakish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakish Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for all the replies. Yes. Its the butter cream that Sams sells. It looks good and tastes fine too. I guess I will use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%