Trucolor Natural Colours Tips And Knowhow

Decorating By sugarflorist Updated 12 May 2017 , 9:45pm by nashcedeno

sugarflorist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflorist Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 11:44am
post #1 of 6

http://www.trucolor.org/

I am trying out this new product here in the UK but am struggling with the finer detail of how to use them. I am really hoping that someone here is using them and can give me some pointers 

for example i need to make up 100mls of spray colour  so how much powder do i add to the liquid to get the maximum colour strength.

5 replies
tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 6

I wish I could give you a hard fast rule. I use them, but every color is different. I start with 2 parts color to 1 part liquid, then thin as needed. Here's a youtube video that might help  

sugarflorist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflorist Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdovewings 

I wish I could give you a hard fast rule. I use them, but every color is different. I start with 2 parts color to 1 part liquid, then thin as needed. Here's a youtube video that might help  

thanks very helpful. I have been told by the company that some of the colour particulates only disolve in water. so the 1st few drops of liquid Needs to be water. 

here in the uk we have trouble getting distilled water that is food safe- I can only find it packaged  for car use for batteries or steam irons. so i have used rose water and it works well.

have you experimented with making up up bigger volumns of liquid for spraying bigger items.

or adding bigger amounts of the gel colour to increase the tone of colour.

i think that the colours are amazing and the fact that they are safe for children with special needs is a real bonus.  

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 6

No wonder I have a harder time with some colors versus others, next time I use them I'm going to try and add a bit of water before the vodka. With their regular gel colors I don't bother with distilled water, I use filtered tap water. We have a filter on our faucet. I've also used bottled water which I think most of it is filtered. 

I have used larger volumes, one time I made enough that it use two whole containers of the same color, but I used it all that day. It is a bit tedious to figure the trick out for every color, but the results are amazing. I wish I had pictures of the cake I airbrushed. I rushed it out the door before I had a chance to take pictures. 

I've also used the airbrush colors to paint with if it is a small piece. 

The less liquid you use the more intense the color, sometimes you really have to use a lot of color to get a rich color, which can be pricey. Like deep blues and reds. 

nashcedeno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashcedeno Posted 12 May 2017 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 6

I do the same as suggested here but I also found other ways of using it like in this video were I wanted to create some sort of sprinkles. I also paint a lot with them and I know it's not the way a lot of people work them but I just find that it's so much easier for me and I think is because I don't have much practice with the air brush. Although I've taken a bunch of tutorials and I have the dinosaur air brush  machine. If I ever do something new, meaning if I record or post something new on my website

nashcedeno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashcedeno Posted 12 May 2017 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 6

I'm also looking for tutorials and info about this product in the meantime I'll keep practicing

Sprinkled trucolor

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%