Heat And Humidty

Decorating By Liona cakes Updated 2 Jan 2015 , 2:45pm by julia1812

Liona cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liona cakes Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 4

AHello everyone.

Can anyone help me please with advise. It's summer where we Queensland Australia. I did all my cake training in uk, and most of my recepies work well in the cooler weather . Unfortunately for my cakes the weather( heat and humidity) has not been to kind to them. I made a giant cup cake for a cake smash , top was filled with buttercream frosting ,roses. And a chocolate shell base .I moulded it out of silicon base that I put in the fridge to set. I admit I may have but a thin layer of chocolate , maybe that why it melted just as I delivered the cake. I have been making this same cake all through winter and it was fine. But I guess summers hear. Please any tricks to help me would be grate, I read somewhere a spoon of meringue powder may help. Anyone tried this

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 4

Aare you delivering in climate controlled boxes? nice corrugated cardboard moving boxes and you can put a freezer pack in there too -- seal it up and it will hold an already cold cake for hours even in direct sun

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 4

Ai would really enjoy some of your summer weather right about now -- we are cold and rainy and slightly crabby about it too :)

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 4

I live at the equator...summer all year round.

Was able to make modeling chocolate only very few times for private occasions. I could literally watch the chocolate melt.

So unless you have an air conditioned kitchen, transport the way K8 described to an air conditioned location...no way to make it work

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%