Cake Of The Month Club

Decorating By plcharles Updated 31 Dec 2014 , 2:16am by plcharles

plcharles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plcharles Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 5

Hi fellow Cake people. I am thinking of different ways to promote my business. Was wondering if any of you used a "Cake of the Month Club" approach to marketing, and if so how did you do it and what was the response like from your customers? Need to figure out if this is something beneficial in building business. Thanks for your input!

Pat

4 replies
Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by plcharles 

Hi fellow Cake people. I am thinking of different ways to promote my business. Was wondering if any of you used a "Cake of the Month Club" approach to marketing, and if so how did you do it and what was the response like from your customers? Need to figure out if this is something beneficial in building business. Thanks for your input!

Pat

When I first started out I tried this approach with specials for Christmas, Valentine's etc..but I found that customers wanted something completely unique to them and their event; so I stopped offering it after a few months. I think it depends on your area and your customer base though. 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerlocks 

I think it depends on your area and your customer base though. 

I agree. And it's more successful with long-time businesses that have built a reputation for excellence. New businesses without a track record may have to entice participation with low prices or extras.

plcharles Posted 31 Dec 2014 , 2:09am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

plcharles Posted 31 Dec 2014 , 2:16am
post #5 of 5

I've been in the cake business for about 15 yrs. That being said, I closed my storefront a few years ago and built a separate kitchen in my home to get my bakery license back.  Overhead killed me. For the last two years, I've basically gotten orders word of mouth and by attending craft fairs. I've donated product to numerous non-profit events but I need a serious marketing plan. So, I'm trying to build a more steady income. As there is no real "magic button" I would love to know what's worked for others.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%