Classes

Lounge By SweetAmy40 Updated 4 Jan 2015 , 9:10pm by SweetAmy40

SweetAmy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAmy40 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 5

I have been looking for classes of all kinds here in Oklahoma, texas maybe even classes.  The specialty classes for sculpting cakes, sugar flowers and all kinds of sugar art.  I come up with the same classes you take at Hobby Lobby and Micheals.  Those classes are awesome but I want to get into the other stuff beyond the basics.  Does anyone know where I can get them?

4 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 29 Dec 2014 , 2:20am
post #2 of 5

ACraftsy.com has all kinds of onine classes. I like it because you buy class and you can watch again and again. They don't expire.

SweetAmy40 Posted 4 Jan 2015 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

AYes. I love craftsy. I am really looking for classes with some hands on. Like in person demos and classes with well known sugar artists. I use craftsy, youtube and I'm going to culinary school. I am really looking for specialized teaching.

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 4 Jan 2015 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 5

Hi!!!!

Start by searching some of the best training in the world:  Check out the International group called, ICES, they have classes taught by the top sugar artist in the world at a yearly convention and there are ICES chapters in every state.  The Oklahoma ICES chapter can be found on line.  The state groups have tons of activities and training.  From that you can find local cake clubs.  It goes on and on!!!!

Subscribe to American Cake Decorating magazine to get lots of information. 

Come to Florida this fall, Sept 18-20, 2015, in Orlando, Florida, is the Americas cake and sugar-craft fair sponsored by Satin Ice with classes by and demonstrations.  Again, search this on line. 

There are schools in the US and Canada for cake training. 

I hope this gets you started!!!!!!

SweetAmy40 Posted 4 Jan 2015 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 5

Yes. Thank you, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%