While I'm The Last Person To Get Excited By A Vacuum Cleaner...

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 29 Dec 2014 , 7:41am by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 14

this "bissell symphony" vacuums and steam cleans at the same time the economy and efficiency of sweeping and cleaning at the same time is magical -- i now love a vacuum -- omg this is unsettling -- in a good way i guess -- and it does not have 15,000 bells and whistles -- it's crazy easy -- there's probably a flaming meteor hurtling toward the roof of my house as i speak....

but before it hits let me hasten to say if you're in the market for a floor cleaner -- check this one out -- two thumbs up and a big toe 

13 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 14

bring it over and let's see it run.......I'll make coffee & snacks.  There is nothing so fun as new appliances that work well.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 11:39am
post #3 of 14

ACongrats K8! I bought one too around thanksgiving and got rid of my old vacuum! All my floors are wood so this is working out for me. The only thing I wish it had was some sort of extender thingy so I can grab something on the ceiling or in a corner. But it wasn't crazy priced so I'm happy so far! Ps. I think you can be happy about a vacuum as long as you didn't get it as a romantic gift!! T

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 14

Awell theresa, it was not a romantic gift because i bought it although we did celebrate our 36th anniversary on Dec 25th -- and one of the reasons we made it that long is because i never got cleaning supplies for a gift ha!

he did takeover initially because it was too hard to use and then he cleared the way for me and did the lion's share so it was better than romance -- hahahaha

mb, bring the snacks over here for a free do-it-yourself demo ;) i'll serve home made limoncello and we can ombre some guacamole hahaha

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 14

....and can I come too and bring the overbeaten fudge.  I must confess to having an overpriced American Kirby.  It is useless, as far as I am concerned, for washing the carpets but is by far the best vacuum cleaner that I have ever used.  Unfortunately, I think it is so superior to others that you can buy here, in Australia, that I will probably have to fork out for another one when it dies.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 12:17pm
post #6 of 14

AHappy anniversary! We celebrated our 31st in November as well and I agree about the gift!! If there's a vacuuming and eating party can I come too lol? I'll bring homemade ravioli (we gotta temper the sweets with savory right?!?) T

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 14

Hey K8, congrats on the anniversary!  Too funny, I was just looking at this model but although there were good reviews there were some not so good reviews.  It's nice to get the opinion of some real people.  If you don't mind my asking, do you find that it leaves wet dirt behind or that the water doesn't stay hot?

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 14

please bring the fudge, cazza -- i've made and eaten more than my fair share of fudge soup and fudge sand -- i've learned to love all forms of fudge -- 

kk -- thank you -- my floors were quite dusty and dirty so there were a couple wads of wet dust bolls but they were easy to pick up and discard -- but srsly only because the floors were well past due for being cleaned plus we have a dog and a cat --

on the other hand the receptacle that holds the dirt that it picked up was loaded -- did a great job picking up a ton of crap -- i guess the water stayed hot because it didn't take very long for it to dry/disappear off the floor --

you have to wait for the light to stop blinking -- then you know the water is ready/hot -- then you just just wag it back & forth -- i really like it -- my problem has been that i use all my energy dusting/sweeping then i'm too pooped to wash them then they get dusty again grrr

and on the plus side, as i said the mop head was solid black with floor juju -- washed it and it came out so white almost like new -- very pleased with this and only takes half your energy --

best to you

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 14

my deal came with a 'free' handheld steamer and 4 mop heads for $200 so hold out for a good or even better deal if you go for this -- 

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 6:36pm
post #10 of 14

i got free shipping too

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 7:36pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks K8, your input is a big help.  I did see the deal on tv but I don't need the hand held steamer so I think I will look for it online.

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 8:09pm
post #12 of 14

neither did i need the handheld but we're sending the old one to our son -- glad i could help! i mean we only used it once but it has a good warranty too i think

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 29 Dec 2014 , 1:37am
post #13 of 14

Use the handheld steamer to steam your flowers.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2014 , 7:41am
post #14 of 14

good idea 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%