How Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By Pseiber Updated 2 Jan 2015 , 3:16pm by sweetassugarcak

Pseiber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pseiber Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 3

A[ATTACHMENT=2057]image.jpg (121k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I'm new to cake decorating and am having a hard time knowing what to charge. I made this one and its not perfect but this is only my fourth or fifth cake. It is 12x18 double layer cake. What should I charge?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 3

oh i love your bike! we are a family of cyclists -- and bikes are not easy to do -- i'd say somewhere around $3-$4 a serving -- or more if you can get it -- i'd say custom cakers should be charging as much or more as the nicest local cake shop -- use that as a goal since you are starting but you really want to keep your prices as in line with them as possible --

best to you

sweetassugarcak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetassugarcak Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 3

If your new to cake decorating try not to get hung up on what you think you should be charging and just charge what your comfortable with. As long as you cover the costs of your ingredients and make a little on top that's all that matters.

whatever you do charge don't worry if you get some people commenting on how expensive it is. There will always be someone offering the same or similar design cheaper elsewhere sometimes so low in price that you could never possibly compete. More often than not its these people that go out of business very quickly so come up with a price you would be happy to pay and stick with it and in the long run cake decorating will be far more enjoyable overall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%