What Color Is Avocado 'guacamole' Dip Supposed To Be.......normally

Lounge By MBalaska Updated 26 Dec 2014 , 5:27am by MBalaska

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 10:06am
post #1 of 8

guacamole was the treat that I wanted for Christmas eve, and it's a nice holiday color right.  hmmmm

the avocados that I brought home were really light green, almost pastel colored, so I thought to myself they must put a lot of food coloring in the commercial stuff to get it so dark green.

I grabbed the green bottle of Americolor gel and gave the dip a squirt. Why not?  Stir stir stir.  Uh Oh!!  I grabbed the blue.  Seriously It was blue food coloring and not the green right next to it.  So I had a great big batch of brightly colored 'mallard' duck teal guacamole dip with little pastel green bits of avocado and yellow corn chips.  Very festive !!

Now that was a Merry Holliday adventure that I've never experienced before.  :lol: 

7 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 8

Ohh,  I am sitting here laughing myself silly and even hubby came in and laughed when I told him why.  What a delightful end to my Christmas. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 8

Aoh mb how did it taste? didja like it? were they soft & ripe?they darken -- they are oxidation wonders -- teal green guac -- that's cracking me up -- ole ole merry christmas -- cue the flamingo dancing feet sound effect -- merry Christmas to all and to all a good guac :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 8

Acazza -- my husband and i just got a good chuckle out of it too but we're laying in bed just starting our Christmas --

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 8

AJust add yellow and voilà, LOL. We grow avocados here and eat guacamole couple of times a week. So yummy A ripe avocado has a soft feel to it, like ripe peach btw. Inside it looks like almost yellow, with a pinch of green. But I guess your question wasn't meant seriously...

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 8

Hey MB, you're armed and dangerous  - with Americolor that is! I think we should all just be grateful that this girl doesn't have an airbrush at her disposal......no holiday meal would be safe from the Queen of colour correction!

love love love that you had teal guacamole - and I thought my mother in law's lunch was unappetising - well I'm now just grateful that it wasn't a shade of BLUE!

thanks for the lovely thought on Boxing Day morning - yes it's December 26th early am in Melbourne - but your antics have made my Christmas. Thanks MB!

MBalaska Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 8

Well the 'Cookie Monster' blue colored chip dip, would have looked like 'Kermit the Frog' green dip if I'd thought to add yellow.

It tasted the same of course but I just couldn't get past seeing blue stuff on my corn chips.  Like something out of an alien UFO movie.  Would be perfect for Halloween - multi colored chip dip.  My hubby was laughing at my mad scientist experiment also. :)  Having a very nice Christmas day in Alaska, wishing you all well......

Cheers,

mb

MBalaska Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 5:27am
post #8 of 8

Um....could this have happened because I was drinking holiday champagne & white Russians?    :P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%