What's Your Favorite Decorated Cake/cookie/cake Pop This Holiday Season?

Decorating By Cookie4 Updated 23 Dec 2014 , 8:03pm by winniemog

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 22 Dec 2014 , 3:45am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone:  Each Christmas I comb through all the beautiful pictures here on CC and the net and save the unique, creative, beautiful cakes/cookies/cake pops that I want to make someday or that just make me happy looking at them.  You should see how many pics I have saved in my 'favorites' here on CC, not to mention other sites.  I loved the melting snowman from a few years back, and last year's Igloo with the glass top and Santa climbing in the igloo was one of my favorites.  This year, well, it's just hard to choose - so many pics are amazing and I can't decide.  I know we are all busy getting ready for Christmas but I would love to see what made you smile and/or that you made that you think is amazing! Oh yes, Merry Christmas to all of you too!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 4

this year it's my same gingerbread christmas trees -- i might make a huge one don't know yet but the cool thing is my husband is making them -- i'm alternately his sous and head chef but we are having so much fun -- i usually fly solo on 99-110% of this stuff and it's a lot of fun to have him join in or rather him doing it and me as consultant -- he's my hands but he's actually a pretty smart baker boy by osmosis -- i always wanted to do this with him so i'm getting my wish --

merry christmas to you, cookie4 and all

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 4

he's over there humming while he rolls them out -- 

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 4

AGosh [@]-K8memphis[/@], sharing the kitchen with your husband sounds like an amazing gift. Like you, I love the collaborative efforts over Christmas - they might not be the prettiest or the most perfect, but I love seeing my children grow and their skills in the kitchen improve. Every year they make a gingerbread village - this year they're obsessed with the "how to train your dragon" book series, so the village is dragon-themed - there's a hatchery and nursery for dragons and many many habitats for them to grow in outside the buildings. They give me sketches of the buildings and I bake the gingerbread and they decorate away.

Also just made no bake snowball cookies with my younger girl yesterday - all I did was find the ingredients for her and I could be her sous - a dream come true! So much fun to share time making gifts at this time of the year, it's my favourite type of gift and I love that she's got the bug too!

Plus like K8, normally it's me and just the radio for company 99.99999% of the time so it's so nice to have someone who talks back - although I have been known to shout at the radio at times!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%