Nfsc Or Shortbread - General Advice Please For Bulk Baking

Baking By allaboutcakeuk Updated 23 Dec 2014 , 12:55am by Pastrybaglady

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 3

hi all I have a huge amount of cookies to make. I am debating NFSC or shortbread. Each needs to have a fondant topper put on in order to add an edible image decoration. Please can you tell me 1. would you think NFSC over shortbread? 2. how many 2" rounds would I be likely to get from each recipe batch 3. Can you freeze them after cooking or is it best to make the dough then freeze - if so can you bake straight from frozen. I need to get ahead so was hoping freeze them baked? 4. Can I freeze them with the fondant topper (do they freeze well decorated?) 5. how long do they last if bagged in individual cellophane bags - thank you all if you can offer some advice as it's a huge amount so any tips appreciated for speeding up the process. Thank you all

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Dec 2014 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 3
1. i vote nfsc
2. i don't know depends on how thick you make them
3. yes yes yes
4. i would not freeze them decorated -- it is possible but i would not risk it
5. i like to do cookies as last minute as possible but nfsc are very sturdy cookies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 12:53am
post #3 of 3

AI basically agree with K8 - NFSC. The recipe recommends baking the unfrozen dough. I would definitely freeze the baked cookies without decorations, too many things can go wrong. You can store the fondant decorations at room temp in a box and put them on the cookies right before you want to start bagging. I've had a customer tell me she found a cello bag of cookies two weeks after I gave them to her and they were still good. I wouldn't bag them much more than a couple of days before delivery. How many are you making?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%