Frozen Cake Tips?

Decorating By sophiecook Updated 21 Dec 2014 , 11:41am by sophiecook

sophiecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophiecook Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 9:02am
post #1 of 3

SOS. Haha, anyone got any helpful tips/ideas/creations to share? I'm wanting to make an Olaf/Frozen birthday cake for my little Cousin who is going to be 2. It's only going to be on a simple vanilla victoria sponge so it can be pretty basic! Thanks.  :-D

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 10:19am
post #2 of 3

AI'm making one for my youngest son, but in February. Will also (try to) keep it simple. Am planning on making an 8 or 10" round cake (filled and frosted), covered in blue fondant. Will pipe on some snowflakes with white icing as I don't have a cutter yet and will have some white poured fondant"ice" along the upper edge. Olaf will be made out of gum paste or modeling fondant in advance to go on top (with his head in his arms). The only new thing I'm gonna try is to make ice out of sugar, break it into big pieces as stack it around the cake. Have a recipe that sounds pretty straight forward, can pm you if you want...

sophiecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophiecook Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 11:41am
post #3 of 3

Oh cool. A lot of good ideas there. I think the best thing about doing it with Olaf is the simplicity! I've done that before. Melted boiled sweets/ hard candies and broke them. I used it as flames for a bonfire cake. Looked pretty cool and was easy to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%