Gifting Decorated Cookies

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 23 Dec 2014 , 10:40pm by maggieg99

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 7:55am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have a good way to package decorated cookies for giving as gifts? any cute ideas I've tried has resulted in broken cookies!! thanks

8 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 11:52am
post #2 of 9

I am doing cookies for my secret santa presents this week.  I went and bought cheap hard plastic Christmas plates and will then wrap the whole thing in either paper or cellophane.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 11:52am
post #3 of 9

Or you could buy some cheap metal tins.

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 9

ANot sure if you have a Dollar Tree near by but the price can't be beat. They look nice in person too.

http://www.dollartree.com/Nickel-Plated-Metal-Serving-Trays/p340777/index.pro

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 9

I saw someone do cookies in a box that looks like a book.  This was for a teacher and the cookies were all "school" themed.  It was very cute! 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginger6361 

Does anyone have a good way to package decorated cookies for giving as gifts? any cute ideas I've tried has resulted in broken cookies!! thanks

I'm a seal-a-meal person.  between my vacuum packing unit and my bag sealing unit I'm for clear cellophane & poly bags most all of the time.  such as these in the link.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/packaging/cello-cookie-tray-bag-holly/39/580/486/638060/

I do however tape down the bottom so that the bottom edges of the bag fit closely along the bottom cardboard round.  then I put lots of ribbons & curling ribbon on the closure to add color and fun.

the 'gusseted' cello bags are also something that I have tons of.  I can enclose one cookie or dozens and seal them up nicely.

linzer cookies in fudge inserts in a gusset bag & meringue cookies in a festive gusset bag.

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 9

Are you mailing them or just giving them in person? I use those metal tins for either one, but if mailing, I make sure to fill up all the empty spaces with paper (parchment or wax). Empty spaces also mean the bottom and top of the tin. I also wrap the tin in bubble wrap, then put it in the box to be mailed. Fill up the empty spaces in that box too (newspaper works fine) so it's nice and snug. I've mailed chocolate chip cookies from Florida to Washington that way.

If giving them in person, I tell them to return the tin if they want more.... They usually return more than one tin, I guess I didn't make enough the first time, lols.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 7:47pm
post #8 of 9

i set my cookies down into cupcake wrappers -- if they don't exactly fit it just re-arrange the pleats to make the bottom bigger or whatever -- i have a picture somewhere...but i think all those cookies fit in the wrappers as is -- anyhow this gives them protection from breakage -- i set the fancier cookies on top of the stacks

maggieg99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggieg99 Posted 23 Dec 2014 , 10:40pm
post #9 of 9

I wrap cookies individually in these

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?sku=49018

then put them in a tin or one of those ziploc square or rectangular containers for shipping

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%