Your Favorite Christmas Cookie?

Baking By julia1812 Updated 14 Dec 2014 , 10:34pm by MBalaska

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 7

AHey! I'm having my last craft fair next Friday and thought of boosting my cakes/ cupcakes in that area a bit, by selling "traditional German/Swiss Christmas cookies". Yes, don't ask why not cakes ir cupcakes...just not possible. But will have my portfolio there's a actually just want to get to mention it to the new crowd (and make some money with it besides to my other stuff of course, LOL). Anyway, it's mainly people with British/ intercontinental background, so would like to hear what you think of my choices since I normally only make cookies for family and friends and am not sure how popular they will be. - wal- and hazelnut macaroons on communion paper - almond cookies (25% plus almonds), called "Brunzli" which means "brown cookie". They are coated in sugar and shaped like Christmas and trees etc - short crust cookies made with vanilla sugar, hazelnuts and almonds, half moon shape, dusted with icing sugar. - cinnamon stars glazed with poured fondant - ginger bread (any Christmas related shape) I would appreciate your opinions on what you would buy or what you think is missing. Only making 300-400 cookies, so am trying to narrow it down to 5-6 different types, but am open for changes and suggestions. Have made any different types of cookies, which are not listed here before, so no problem for me to make changes if you thing my 5 selected types are a no-sale

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 7

you need a chocolate something -- pinwheels would be pretty

julia1812 Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 4:27am
post #3 of 7

AChocolate is a problem because it's around 90'F (and more) and there is no a/c or refrigerator to store them... Are pin wheels something you eat in the Christmas season?

-K8memphis Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 7

here's a couple decent recipes although i've never added the sugar around the sides -- one recipe had espresso powder and all this stuff -- but they are easy and fun and delicious best of all they won't melt -- they are usually called 'refrigerator cookies' because you store/firm up the dough in the fridge --

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/icebox-pinwheel-cookies-recipe.html

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Pinwheel-Cookies

julia1812 Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 7

AThanks @K8memphis for taking the time to post the recipes. The cookies look fabulous and I will definitely give them a try. We have similar ones in Germany (round, one half chocolate, one half vanilla, which looks a bit boring in comparison), so guess can get away with it. Or I cancel the "German" in my sign, lol...

-K8memphis Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 7

they are really fun to make -- i made some checkerboard ones recently -- they are irresistabley delicious

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 7

How about some ideas from this page......the 50 best loved cookies  I'm needing a cup of coffee just to look at them all.  And certainly @-K8memphis makes super pinwheel/checkerboard cookies, I'd love to visit and nosh on some of those. 

http://gallery.allrecipes.com/galleries/50-best-loved-cookies/?ordersrc=alrfbbestlovedcookies

@julia1812 post a photo of your delights when you get them ready, looking forward to seeing them.  I've only made Spritz butter cookies and sugar cookies (the rolled in colored sugar ones) so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%