Humidity

Lounge By ammar Updated 16 Dec 2014 , 10:51pm by costumeczar

ammar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ammar Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 4:15am
post #1 of 4

AHi yesterday I made a fondant covered ivory and gold cake. Today my beautiful ivory is speckled pink. It has been humid , could that be the cause and is there anything I can do.HELP Thank so much.

3 replies
TheNerdyBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheNerdyBaker Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 4:58am
post #2 of 4

AWhere did the pink come from? What pink things did you have in close proximity?

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 8:02am
post #3 of 4

AI had the same problem when I used powders. What I do is coloring the fondant some days before I need it and then knead it one two times before I use it. The powders here have salt inside which attracts the water if it's humid and makes your fondant look spotty. I actually stopped using powders, unless I color a whole batch and can mix the powder with the milk while making my fondant (that helps) and switched to gel colors.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia1812 

I had the same problem when I used powders. What I do is coloring the fondant some days before I need it and then knead it one two times before I use it. The powders here have salt inside which attracts the water if it's humid and makes your fondant look spotty. I actually stopped using powders, unless I color a whole batch and can mix the powder with the milk while making my fondant (that helps) and switched to gel colors.

This is probably it...I get specks when I use powder colors and put gumpaste through the pasta roller sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%