Hotel Suite Shop Possible Opportunity

Business By yesandno Updated 12 Dec 2014 , 9:00pm by babyblue113

yesandno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yesandno Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, 

So, I showed the assistant manager at the hotel my portfolio, she thought it was amazing. A few weeks go by I am working a shift with her. We get to talking about my side business. Long story short she told me I should present a idea to our head manager about having my cupcakes served in our hotel suite shop! This made my entire day! She also mentioned that I could use the hotel commercial kitchen two or three nights a week! Again i am flipping out a bit inside! With joy! So, i need to calm down a BIT. Our head manager can still say no.. 

My question is, how should I present this to her? I was thinking of bringing in samples for her, and other staff. Also, writing up a plan to present to her, ie I would have my own liability insurance, I already have my license and safe serve certificate so I will show those to her. Anything else i should ad? My mind is racing with all types of thoughts, i do understand she could certainly say no. But until that does or does not happen I would like to put as much effort in my presentation as possible. My assistant manager said she would help me write up a plan and help as much as possible! She say's even if it fails her father owns a advertising company and would help me start my business. She also mentioned if this where to work out. That I could eventually serve my cupcakes out of every one of our hotels in MN. Again thinking pretty big here. But she seems just as excited as i am. Almost as if she would like to venture in this business with me. Though I have not asked, she seems VERY interested. Any and all help is much appreciated!!

My apologies if this sounds rambled on, I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 4

Aawesome -- idk -- cookies have a better shelf life when you get to spreading yourself across the state of mn -- so i'd address shelf life --

hey, I was just watching QVC and they had some pretty pound cakes with thick cream cheese icing that looked mighty tempting -- might have a bit better shelf life than the average cupcake --

best of the best to you!

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 4 Dec 2014 , 1:14am
post #3 of 4

ACan't add much more than what you have in mind, but do want to wish the very best! Good Luck

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 12 Dec 2014 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

This sounds like a great opportunity....so what happened?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%