Help!!!!!! How Can I Make Snow Blow Around My Cake

Decorating By minxie1320 Updated 7 Dec 2014 , 5:16pm by remnant3333

minxie1320 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minxie1320 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 4

AHi all I am making a snowglobe cake. Which i am hoping to make all edible i.e gingerbread villiage, blown sugar globe and cake but i would like make to make the snow blow around the cake. It doesnt matter if i have to make/use two globes one slightly bigger than the other

Is there anyone out there that would be able to give me some advice on how i would be able to blow the snow around the globe and what i should use for the snow, i was thinking coconut ? Also i would like to make it like up and wondered how.i would go about this

Thanks in advance for the advice

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 4

AHmm my pop had a snowing Christmas tree way long ago -- it had a hollow tube for the tree trunk and the snow pooled underneath in a saucer shaped tree skirt that shot it continuously up the tube, when it wasn't clogged --

so for a snow globe where you might be able to use a fan to simply keep the snow circulating -- i'd figure the moving air would crap out the sugar globe or at least i'd figure the snow would tend to stick to the inside of the globe --

i would figure doing it pop's way might be less challenging but that's a tall order --

coconut is weighty -- i'd go with something more light weight but if i did this i'd build the cake/village around the mechanicals

i just can't see the snow not sticking to the inside of the globe -- glass is nice & smooth -- sugar gets sticky -- idk i hope you do it -- come back with pictures/video :)

you can get lights at hobby lobby

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Dec 2014 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 4

just saw a tv show where they made a snow globe with gelatin -- although did not have blowing snow -- i should have suggested that in the first place -- 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 7 Dec 2014 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 4

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you!! I saw one time where the cake boss made something similar. I would not have enough brains to do something like that. Good luck, I hope you can figure it out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%