Layered Walnut Cake Recipe

Baking By farah Q Updated 29 Nov 2014 , 2:32pm by -K8memphis

farah Q Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farah Q Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 5:10am
post #1 of 2

Hey everyone. I've been looking for a walnut cake recipe for quite sometime now (specially on my husband's request)

He wants a walnut cake with salty buttery layers he used to have it back in his college days in London. Im dying to recreate it at home...but i cant seem to figure out how to get the salty buttery frosting right. Any ideas bakers? :)

(I have a recipe for the english walnut cake, will appreciate help with the layers of icing/frosting)

Thank you.

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 2

clueless -- but salted caramel maybe? idk -- but i've kept myself out of this conundrum with this little phrase "i don't do legends" 

and i guess it's because my pop made peanut butter fudge that i could NEVER duplicate for 50 years -- i stopped trying -- one day i figured out the big secret was pop added cream of tartar to his fudge -- so i basically KNEW i couldn't do legends from an early age and held tight to that fact -- and pop being sucha little fart with his dang secret formula kept me from banging my already dented head against the oven all these years trying to accommodate people who want flavors that exist in memories --no way (for me)

i'm sure you can get this figured out i hope -- i think i would distract him with other lovely products you can make but i do hope you get this figured out in under 50 years :-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%