Whipped Cream + Fondant

Decorating By kanwalaqdas Updated 28 Nov 2014 , 11:09am by kanwalaqdas

kanwalaqdas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanwalaqdas Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 4

ok  i need to make a cake with stabilised whipped cream n fondant toppers...love swans actually... everything will be white except for piped wc roses n leaves light pink maybe light yellow n green... i need to know how to incorporate two fondant swans with whipped creams i read a few horror stories about the union of these two ...but other icings r tooo sweet and this is for my diabetic mum in laws anniversary so ..HELP!!!

3 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 5:11am
post #2 of 4

AWhat horror stories? I would use dairy free whipped cream. Can't remember the brand, but use it recently. It's a white one litre tetra pack with three blue letters. It's extra stiff and holds it's shaped beautifully! Can be left outside for hours, so you don't have to worry about your fondant uniting with the cream in the fridge, lol. And it's as smooth as smbc, was amazed. Even piping it was easy peasy. Only downside for me was the hefty price of more than 10$

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 9:36am
post #3 of 4

Real cream will melt the fondant and you will end up with rivers of colour all over your cake if you are lucky like me :-)

I would make a base for your fondant swan out of melted white chocolate. Set the swan on it while the chocolate is still soft. Then you will have a barrier between the fondant and cream as well as a good sturdy base.

kanwalaqdas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanwalaqdas Posted 28 Nov 2014 , 11:09am
post #4 of 4

thanks bubs1stbirthday..... how about concentrated dream whip... i mean a concentrated preparation.... i do plan to use a non dairy powder so for reference i am saying dream whip here

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%