Best Icing For Decorating

Decorating By CrisBerry-Dixon Updated 25 Nov 2014 , 9:53pm by kakeladi

CrisBerry-Dixon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrisBerry-Dixon Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 3

AHello Everyone! I am new to this site and cake decorating! I decided to start because I love to bake and I'm fairly crafty. I figured this would give me a usable outlet for my art. Anyway...I am trying to get a recipie for an icing that tastes good but also works well for decorating. I made a marshmallow icing the other night that tasted amazing but it was not good for decorating nor did it hold color well. I put some color in it and it ran out after sitting on the cake for a little bit. This icing was made using the marshmallow fluff. I want to make beautiful cakes but I want them to taste good and be moist! I had a thought of using this icing for a filler and crumb coat. Any suggestions are appreciated!

2 replies
hobbist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hobbist Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 3

I am just a newbie hobbist.  I make different icing for different decorating needs.  For roses I use stiff Wilton class buttercream.  For icing a cake I use Swiss meringue buttercream.   For piping borders and stuff I like Indy Debbie's recipe of America Buttercream,   I like Swiss meringue under fondant if I am covering with fondant.  Keep experimenting and find what works best for you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 3

Ahttp://www.cakecentral.com/a/2-icing This is a great one! I used it in my bakery for years. Do take the time to read through the whole post to understand all the tips included even in the replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%