Spacing Holes For Cake Pop Stand?

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 25 Nov 2014 , 2:41am by kazita

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 13

Can anyone help me with this part? I'm having a 5 tier built but my handyman needs me to give him the dimensions for the holes to be drilled. I'm not sure what is the "standard" as I hope to rent it out after using it for my order. I'm attaching a photo with all the dimensions. Just want them to go in a square all around and come in as we get closer to the inside. The stand is being held of a X, and I've added the dimension of it. 

How far apart should they be and how far the distance between each row? How far diagonally? 

12 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 13

AI really cant answer the question youre asking but make sure that whoever is making it doesn't drill the holes all the way through the wood or your pops will slide all the way down to the pop itself...

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 13

Do you mean which size drill bit should he use? Or the space between each hole where the cake pop will stand? And I don't understand what you mean by this: "Just want them to go in a square all around and come in as we get closer to the inside". I assume you are trying to get more than 1 row of pops all the way round on each tier?

kazita Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 13

AIf my husband was here he could answer your questions for sure...hes a math wizard. ..ill see if he can look at your questions on his work computer but he might not be able to...

Dayti Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazita 

I really cant answer the question youre asking but make sure that whoever is making it doesn't drill the holes all the way through the wood or your pops will slide all the way down to the pop itself...

Yes, that too!!

kazita Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 13

AWhy you're at it can you have him build me like a 3 tier stand. ...lol. :-D

Dayti Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 13

I just measured the board I made where I stand my cake pops up when they are freshly decorated and the holes are 5cm - about 2" - apart. Any closer and they will touch when you are putting them in the board, unless you make gigantic cake pops or special shaped ones, in which case you need to make some and do some tests. The holes in my board are 4mm diameter, which is about standard for regular cake pop sticks but if you use a special brand you would do well to take some calipers and measure them. On the other hand, if you are looking to rent the stand out, use a standard size stick for measurement. 

kazita Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 13

Ahttp://rosebakes.com/how-to-make-a-cake-pop-stand-tutorial/

Dont know if this will help or not...but like Dayti says id make the holes at least 2" inches apart...if it were me id be over there with some cakepops showing him how I wanted them...but thats just me..

kazita Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 13

Ahttp://cakepopstandco.com/product/cake-pop-stands-36-pops-3-tier/ so this one says 2' inches apart by 2.75 apart in the rows. ..id go 2" inched apart by 3" inches apart....now you need to figure out the math...lol ok wheres my husband. .

kazita Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 12:43am
post #10 of 13

AOk this has been bugging me since you posted it...anyways how far do you want to go in from the outter edge?...if you go in 1 inch that leaves a 5.5 square to fit your pops...you'll get nine in there. ..one every 2 3/4 inces apart. ...if you want to fit more pops in there you could go a half inch in a get 16....so you need to let me know how far you are going in....I myself would go an inch in...then you draw a square 5.5 inch square. ..put a hole for a cake pop in each corner...then measure every 2 3/4 inches and drill an hole for the next pop....now I need to figure out the next level...just a minute. ...hope this makes sense if not ask me where I lost you....;-)

kazita Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 1:06am
post #11 of 13

ANext row go and inch in make a 9.5 inch square drill a hole in each corner for a cake pop then every 2 1/8 inch apart

kazita Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 1:17am
post #12 of 13

AOh shoot!! I didnt take the pole into account on that second row...just a second!!

kazita Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 2:41am
post #13 of 13

AOk hubby is gonna figure it out after he gets done with work..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%