Pampered Chef Recommendations?

Decorating By JadedJenn Updated 25 Nov 2014 , 1:40am by KLCCrafts

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 3:52am
post #1 of 10

So, I was invited to a Pampered Chef party and am hoping to get some opinions about their products. Any good caking tools? Anything to stay away from? Should I save my money and buy something else?   :D 

9 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 10:57am
post #2 of 10

I have a friend that has a pampered chef party once a year... I go... I buy something if I want it... but usually it isn't baking related...

They have baking stuff... some of it is nice, some not so much... much of it you can find elseware for the same price (sometimes less, sometimes more)... 

If you want to go and support your friend, go...

I have this little spatula (cooking/flipping type, not cake type) I got from there that I truely love... nothing seems to stick to it and I pretty much exclusively use it for cooking eggs...

Please remember that when going to parties of these types, you are technically not obligated to buy anything...

Any good consultant will respect that choice and not pressure you into a purchase...

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 10

I'm a fan of their batter bowl.  It's heavy glass and holds heat well, perfect for melting chocolate and candy coating for dipping.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 10

I have several Pampered Chef items and I really like them.  I really like their set of 3 mixing bowls.  They are in 3 very usable sizes and have the rubber bottom and measurements on the sides.  All of their stuff is high quality and will last for years.  But.......they are a tad on the expensive side.

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks for the replies! I probably won't be going to the actually physical party. It's an hour drive each way so I'll just do the online "party". 

That batter bowl does look nice. 

Does anyone have any experience with their measuring cups or the adjustable measuring spoons?

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 10

I have the measuring spoon and it's awesome.  Found one almost like it at Bed Bath and Beyond only it's stainless steel and my PC one is plastic.  I like the steel one better.  I think it was more expensive though.

I absolutely LOVE the easy conversions magnet.  I ALWAYS forget how many TBSPs are in this or how many cups are in that and this thing says it all.  On one side it tells you how to dbl, triple a measurement and on the other side it just tells you 1 cup = xyz TBSP, xyz tsp, etc etc.  I use it everyday without fail.

Also their can opener rocks.  I had heard about it on Pinterest when I was looking at doing a craft and they specifically said you had to cut the cans with the PC can opener.  It cuts from the side, not the top, and leaves a totally smooth top and the can lid has smooth sides as well.  I save all my cans and use them for crafts (kindergarten teacher).

I have heard their pizza stones are magical or something lol.  I don't cook on a stone so I don't know anything about it.  I just have several friends who attend PC parties JUST to buy a stone or earn money to purchase one by hosting a party.  They must be magical ;) 

KLCCrafts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KLCCrafts Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 12:37am
post #7 of 10

I've used their baking stones almost daily for 8 years. I like them because I don't have to worry about Teflon coatings or aluminum leeching into my food.  The clean up is super easy and they are definitely durable for years of use. 

I love the batter bowls (both sizes) for storing buttercream, mixing things by hand, heating soup, etc.  The handle is so, well, handy, and the cover is a great plus.  I have the small and large and would like to have another of each because they are frequently in use.

The garlic press is another thing I've had for years and use frequently.  I broke several grocery store varieties before I purchased this one, and so I know the quality is much better than my previous ones.  I can't cook without it!

HTH.

KLCCrafts Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 12:40am
post #8 of 10

And I agree, their can opener rocks!

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 1:19am
post #9 of 10

I love their pizza cutter for cutting fondant - it's weighted perfectly. I also cook on the stones - love them and am extremely proud when they get almost black! They're not pretty then but I agree with KLCCrafts about the teflon/aluminum issue - they are worth it just for the peace of mind. 

KLCCrafts Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 1:40am
post #10 of 10

I was just washing my Pampered Chef Mix N Scraper (spatula) and was reminded that I really don't like it.  The handle has a very fine texture to it, and it traps stains that you can't scrub out.  I got it several years ago so it's possible they've changed the texture on the handle, I'd hope so.  Also, I have both the large and small sizes, and the large one is way too cumbersome in my hand (and I don't have tiny hands). 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%