Silhouette Of A Pointer Dog?

Decorating By dawnybird Updated 19 Nov 2014 , 5:34pm by kazita

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 18 Nov 2014 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all. I've been absent for a while, but I have been asked to make a birthday cake for an 80 yr. old man at my church who raises and trains dogs for quail hunting. Does anyone know where I can get a silhouette of a pointing dog, and possibly a hunter as well, but at least the dog? I've been searching the internet and not finding anything. Shutterstock has a perfect one but requires a $29 fee!! I'm not even charging for this cake!! I don't mind paying for clipart (few bucks).

Thanks so much!

7 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 18 Nov 2014 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 8

ATry searching free coloring pages or free stencil templates, some times that helps me when I don't want to freehand. I saw one under a free pumpkin carving template with a hunter and pointing dog, i can't seem to attach the url right now though. Sorry.

dawnybird Posted 18 Nov 2014 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you! I'll try that.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 18 Nov 2014 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 8

I would just do a search for 'hunting dog on point' find one I liked and print it out at the size that you want to do it at. Lay it on some black fondant etc and cut around it if I was just doing a basic cut out one. 

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 19 Nov 2014 , 2:14pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much to those of you who answered! I don't want anyone to think I didn't do a search myself. I did google "pointing dog silhouette" and similar searches. Those shutterstock ones are perfect but they are a subscription company and the cheapest plan they had was $29 for two images, used within a year. That's too expensive! I'm doing this cake for free for a friend. I do really appreciate you guys trying to help me though.

kazita Posted 19 Nov 2014 , 5:34pm
post #8 of 8

AOh I was hoping the links I gave you worked...sorry if they werent what you wanted/needed Happy Baking/silhouette cutting....:-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%