Best Buttercream For Fondant Cake?

Decorating By Caketrainer Updated 13 Nov 2014 , 5:56pm by Caketrainer

Caketrainer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caketrainer Posted 11 Nov 2014 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 4

to all of you cake decorators out there, in your opinion what is the best buttercream to use under the fondant? what holds up best in a warmer climate - not humid - just warm in spring and fall  to hot in the summer? 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2014 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 4

i'm not close to the equator and we have a cold enough but usually snowless winter -- so i don't know how that stacks up to your area for warmness but most cakes have to be babied as far as climate control -- corrugated cardboard boxes provide great insulation for delivering cakes -- taking them from one air conditioned place to the next -- in fact all of my cakes are delivered cold from the fridge -- if it's a particuarly long delivery or super hot i put frozen chill packs in there too -- will keep a cake in temp for hours --

as far as the best icing -- your favorite icing is the best -- i use smbc -- all butter -- butter gets weepy starts melting in the low 90's so it has to be babied/protected for success --

best to you

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 12 Nov 2014 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 4

AI quit using buttercream under fondant. Now all my fondant covered cakes are iced in white chocolate ganache. The ganache holds up much better to the weight of fondant and works well for warm days.

Caketrainer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caketrainer Posted 13 Nov 2014 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 4

thank you for your help:-D!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%