What Color Would You Say This Is?

Decorating By felicitymf81 Updated 9 Nov 2014 , 1:45am by hobbist

felicitymf81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
felicitymf81 Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 9

A[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3302829/width/200/height/400[/IMG]I'm doing a wedding cake and was given a picture showing the color they want. I'm having a hard time figuring out the color myself let alone how to recreate it. I needs to be buttercream. Any suggestions?

8 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 9

ALooks like buttercream that has been sprayed with pearl and a little gold lustre. Some might call it "champagne" colour.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 9

WOW, what a beautiful cake.  I'm in agreement with Dayti, I think it has a really light gold sheen to it.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 9

Hard to tell because it's a photo then a scan and the lights in the hall may have skewed the original color but I think it's safe to say that it's definitely not white - so I'd go with the others and say a light beige  or light gold undertones.

felicitymf81 Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 2:08am
post #5 of 9

AI'm not sure that helps me. I only have the basics and so far no luck even coming close to creating it.

DeniseNH Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 2:35am
post #6 of 9

Ok, please don't take this the wrong way but that's a really involved cake and any decorator who is brave enough to accept this order would know what color the basic icing is...... or would be more specific about what part of the icing colors you were asking us about.  Another statement that gives me cause for concern about how long you've been decorating is when you said "I just have the basics".  You can do so much with basic colors - mixing and matching and tweaking.  But seasoned decorators have a ton of colors, the one you need is ivory - it's a hazard of decorating.  You can get that at any local DIY craft store - it's made by Wilton.  You just need a little.  Once again, please don't take any of this the wrong way but you may be over your head with this order.

felicitymf81 Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:21am
post #7 of 9

AI'm just looking to come close to the basic color of the cake. Not the full cake decorations. I checked my local stores and they don't have ivory. I'm not a professional it's just a hobby and a favor for a friend. Thanks for the input.

DeniseNH Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:38am
post #8 of 9

Ok then, take some brown on the end of a toothpick and add it to the icing.  Viola.  Ivory.

hobbist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hobbist Posted 9 Nov 2014 , 1:45am
post #9 of 9

Looks like ivory to me.  Maybe gold pearl sheen .  Its a pretty cake. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%