Which Fondant?

Decorating By LadyPsCupcakery Updated 6 Nov 2014 , 4:02pm by maisie73

LadyPsCupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyPsCupcakery Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 11

Evening all!

Same old question from me, what brand of fondant do you recommend for covering cakes? Any thoughts? I'd be interested to hear them, good or bad xxxx

10 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 11

http://www.sugarpastedirect.co.uk/ excellent fondant!! My favourite is carma massa ticino tropic but it is so expensive! 

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 11

AEvening ladyP.....if you look in recent threads you will find the Thread ofr UK bakers....with lots of UK based recommendations...and some friendly people.

LadyPsCupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyPsCupcakery Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 11

I've heard both are brilliant! Soooooo tempted to try Massa...............but lots of ££££ xxx

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 12:19am
post #5 of 11

AI second Sugarpastedirect and I've recently tried culpitt which is a little bit cheaper and just as good, if not better. And the 5kg comes in a big plastic re sealable bucket. I know it's sad to mention the bucket but it is lovely. :-D

I'd love to try the carma massa too, I've only heard good things about it. The only thing stopping me is the price.

Oh and I hate Renshaws.

Another one that's had good reviews on the uk thread is covapaste but I've never tried it.

Hi spireite. :-)

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 11

I must say I love sugarpaste direct and they are great to deal with but I think I'll try your tip about Culpitt Maisie. I've heard of them but haven't tried it (I too love buckets....so useful)

maisie73 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 11

AHi cakebaby. :-) I'm not even going to ask why you love buckets and what uses you find for them! :-D Culpitt had mixed reviews on the uk thread btw, two of us liked it, one didn't. I'd say if you get on with SPD you'll get on with culpitt.

cakebaby2 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 11:00pm
post #8 of 11

You know me so well little Maisie,  yes I will stick to good old SPD for my humble needs ...after all I'm strictly a hobbyist.

But those buckets?

Bits and bobs....clothes pegs, charitable rattling.....wine.. beer.......things you may want to dispose of in someones wheelie?

The lists go on Maisie, and they are so cute too! x

maisie73 Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 12:38am
post #9 of 11

AAnd you never disappoint cakebaby! :-D I love the "little" btw, I'm sooo not little but it's nice all the same!

cakebaby2 Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 1:00pm
post #10 of 11

We are as we are Maisie, nothing wrong with a Reubenesque physique I say, we are as cakes have made us.

I start to worry if I see my toes, start thinking I could be sickening for something.

maisie73 Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 4:02pm
post #11 of 11

AToes cakebaby? What are they?! I think you might need a doctor! :-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%