Booth Ideas

Business By bstratton Updated 29 Oct 2014 , 4:04pm by MimiFix

bstratton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bstratton Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 5

AHey Baker's! I need some ideas. I just wanted a spot at our local Christmas festival. Which is great news but there are going to be three other vendors with sweets and cupcakes and the sponsor is doing free decorating class for children. Another vendor is giving away free cake pops to the children. I need some ideas to set me apart from the other booths. I was thinking about doing my mobile cupcake bar experience. Where people pick their cake filling and frosting and it's made fresh for them right there. My only concern with that is that I am not sure how logistically that would work at an outdoor event with no electricity. Please, any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. I am a fully licensed at home bakery going against brick and mortar bakeries in town. Thank you!

4 replies
rosa369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosa369 Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 5

Why don't you give free frosted cupcakes to  children and let them decorate them by setting up sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc? 

Dunya Halawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dunya Halawa Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 5

I already do that and they just loved it :)

bstratton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bstratton Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 5

AWell, there's set to be about 1,000 children and they are already doing the decorating classes so I was worried that it would be too similar, ya know?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 5

Is this a charity event? Or will you be there hoping to make money?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%