Question About A Mousse Cake

Decorating By AgBaker Updated 1 Nov 2014 , 1:21pm by cazza1

AgBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgBaker Posted 28 Oct 2014 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 7

AHello I am making a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse layers in between for a family event on saturday evening. I always use buttercream in between layers and this is the first time I am filling my cake with a mousse, so I have a few questions: once i torte and fill the cake with mousse-should I let the cake sit in a freezer or in the fridge to let the mousse set? Should I wrap it?

And should I decorate the cake with buttercream while the cake is still frozen or shouldI bring it back to room temp?

Please let me know what the procedure should be? TIA

6 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 28 Oct 2014 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 7

Make a buttercream dam on the first layer and put your mousse filling inside the dam, then put the second layer on top. This will keep the filling from squeezing out of the sides of the cake, and Chill after frosting.

AgBaker Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 5:38am
post #3 of 7

AThank you!

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 10:40am
post #4 of 7

You are welcome.

You don't have to freeze the cake, just put it in the refrigerator until about an hour before serving.

Boyka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boyka Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 11:00am
post #5 of 7

AAnd don't forget your gelatin....once I did it, bigggg mistake lol

AgBaker Posted 1 Nov 2014 , 4:47am
post #6 of 7

ALol Boyka

So my cake is assembled and chilling now and I will decorate it tomorrow now. I have some extra mousse left...any suggestions on what else to use it for?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 1 Nov 2014 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 7

Personal gratification for a job well done.  i.e. use a spoon and put it in your mouth!!!:D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%