Cottage Food Insurance?

Business By sweets2thesweet Updated 27 Oct 2014 , 9:32pm by MimiFix

sweets2thesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweets2thesweet Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 2

Cottage Food bakers, what's your take on insurance for your "bakery"?  Has anyone bothered?  Can you add it to your home-owner's policy?  Anyone had problems from not getting insurance?  I mostly want to get a Cottage Food permit so I can send cupcakes to my kids' school classes.  I'm not sure I would make enough money to cover increased insurance costs.

1 reply
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 2

Homeowners' insurance does not cover commercial liability. Ask your agent where to find a good policy, or look here Food Liability Insurance Program.

Quote by @%username% on %date%