New Baker- Need Design Ideas

Decorating By Mazcooke Updated 27 Oct 2014 , 8:50am by Mazcooke

Mazcooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mazcooke Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 6:18am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone!!

I am from South Africa and have recently started cake decorating. I need some help designing and making a cake I want to make for a friend, combining her 2 loves: Art and Harry Potter.

I had thought of doing a round cake, covered in chocolate ganache (As she loves chocolate), with the Hogwarts logo on the top. I was going to make it look slightly unfinished and then have a paint brush dripping with paint next to it. I then thought to have "paint" of the colours of the Hogwarts logo "leaking" from the logo, starting underneath and then falling down the sides.

I thought of doing the logo in Fondant, and then the dripping paint in royal icing. Would this work?

I am very open to design ideas so any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

5 replies
Mazcooke Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 6:40am
post #2 of 6

Anyone able to help me?? Im desperate!

Mazcooke Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 6:41am
post #3 of 6

Anyone able to help me?? Im desperate

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 8:10am
post #4 of 6

It will be very helpful for anyone looking for ideas, recipes, photos, or techniques to use the "advanced search" in the top right hand side of the page.  Here's a link to the "harry potter" images to get you started.  In addition it takes a little patience, as there are people from all over the world that may be able to help out and they are either sleeping or busy and it often takes a little time to get answers.

http://www.cakecentral.com/newsearch?search=harry+potter&type=61

Katie_Jane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie_Jane Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 8:18am
post #5 of 6

How about putting small frames on the side cake and some on an easel and in the frames pictures that are relevant to Harry Potter or have the characters look like they are flying around the cake on brooms with paint brushes in their hand painting a message on it.

It all depends how much time you want to spend on the cake

Katie

Mazcooke Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 8:50am
post #6 of 6

Katie, I really like this idea. Going to see whether I could do that with my limited skills

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%