How Can I Fix The Margins On My Edible Images

Decorating By Tiffo314 Updated 7 Nov 2014 , 10:07pm by icingimages

Tiffo314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffo314 Posted 22 Oct 2014 , 2:25am
post #1 of 7

AI recently purchased the sheets for 2" cupcake rounds for my edible printer but it's not coming out in he circles the picture is everywhere else, I saw it says to fix the margins to get it right but how do I know exactly what numbers to put. It's alittle frustrating because I've wasted about 3 sheets. I'm hoping maybe someone on here can help me. Thank you. [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

6 replies
Jenny BakesAlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny BakesAlot Posted 22 Oct 2014 , 3:25am
post #2 of 7

Not sure what you're using, but I use the Kopykake Decorator software directly from their website.  I choose the 2" circle template, upload my image, and put the paper in with the arrows facing downward into the printer.  They usually come out perfect.  Sometimes just slightly off.

Tiffo314 Posted 22 Oct 2014 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 7

AI use the icing images iprint right from the site, I do the templates and then fix the pictures to where I want them but when I pront them out they are not where they're supposed to be. I've tried turning the paper around but still nothing. I also use icing images edible sheets.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 22 Oct 2014 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 7

I don't know how to fix your problem, but I do have a suggestion - until you get your numbers right, just print on regular paper and hold it up to your edible image page.  Then you'll be able to tell when you have things just right while not wasting that expensive paper.  Good luck!!

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 22 Oct 2014 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 7

You can adjust margins at Icing images..go to IPrint, top right there is an adjust margins and IPrint set-up..this solved my problems.

Tiffo314 Posted 22 Oct 2014 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 7

AExactly what I started to do after I wasted 3 sheets but I still haven't gotten it to exactly where I need it. I know that I can go to the margins but it ask to enter the numbers which confuses me so I'm guessing I'm just going to have to enter random numbers until I get it right.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 7

There is a help and tutorial section that shows you pictures and explains things out well.  Also, you can use regular paper.  Use one of your messed up sheets as a template, pop out the circles so you can clearly see where the images are suppose to print when you hold up a regular sheet of paper with the template.  Just match the top center when you are comparing them.  Another option is to mark on the messed up sheet where you printed. You can use a regular pen since you wont be using that sheet.  Then print on it again and you can see how close you have it.  I hope this helps!  If not give us a call, we will be more than happy to help you!   Thanks for using iPrint!  I hope you enjoy the free program!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%