Sugarflair Caramal/ivory...mine Looks Grey...?

Decorating By Snowflakebunny23 Updated 16 Oct 2014 , 12:13pm by catsmum

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 10:43am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

I've just got some caramel/ ivory food colouring for a cake in a fortnight and tried it on a bit of white fondant but it looks really quite grey to me.  Sortof leaning towards that grey clay that you get around rivers.  Is that what it's supposed to be like?  I always thought of Ivory as a more yellow, creamy tone (which is what I expected from the marketing images).  Has anyone else experienced this??  Or is ivory generally more grey than I thought...?

Muchams' x

4 replies
catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 5

I agree Snowflakebunny. What type of cake are you doing? When I do cakes for weddings which need to be a proper ivory I have used SK ivory or Covapaste Ivory. Previously used Renshaws celebration but find it too soft for me now but a good colour. Can you experiment with mixing a tiny bit of yellow into it to see if it lifts it? I think SF do a cream paste colour too.

catsmum Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 5

Whoohoo Roxy - Minions top of the Favourites! Congrats and VERY well deserved.

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 5

It's just for a bow and ribbon for a wedding cake which I will be making out of gumpaste so I thought colouring would be easier.  I've never actually had to make an Ivory covered cake but if i did, I would definitely buy it pre-mixed...I hate mixing!  Hmmm...will try adding some yellow and see what happens.  I added a spot of peach and came up with a pretty good skin tone so that was an inadvertent win at least ;-)

xx

catsmum Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 5

Nothing to lose but a bit of white sugarpaste trying mixing with a few different colours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%