Two Toned Fondant

Decorating By Rubsters Updated 16 Oct 2014 , 10:26am by bubs1stbirthday

Rubsters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rubsters Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 3:57am
post #1 of 3

AAnyone have suggestions on how to do a two toned sweet 16 cake? Customer wants half white and half black on each tier... any suggestions. ...

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 4:30am
post #2 of 3

I picture a wavy line - not straight up & down.  Make a paper pattern and roll out each color; cut w/pattern and apply to cake.  From you post I get the idea this will be a tiered cake so each tier would have the black part on one side, then on the other side as the tiers go up.  Hope I worded that so it's not total greek :)

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 10:26am
post #3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakeladi 

I picture a wavy line - not straight up & down.  Make a paper pattern and roll out each color; cut w/pattern and apply to cake.  From you post I get the idea this will be a tiered cake so each tier would have the black part on one side, then on the other side as the tiers go up.  Hope I worded that so it's not total greek :)

Hate it when someone puts up an idea that sounds so good that I start thinking how to incorporate it into a cake that I am planning even though it will make it twice as hard as the cake I already had in my head lol. I love that idea of alternating the colours from tier to tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%