How Did They Do This?

Decorating By nicoles0305 Updated 20 Oct 2014 , 11:35pm by dcakes27

nicoles0305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0305 Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 3:37am
post #1 of 7

I'd love to know how you think they may have done all of the silhouettes on this cake! I looked for similar cricut designs, thinking I could cut it out that way for the most part, but I didn't find anything even remotely similar on the website. What do you think?

6 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 16 Oct 2014 , 8:02am
post #2 of 7

AMy guess would be they used a machine of that kind. I GUESS you coukd use an exacto knife and a paper template on top of black gumpaste? I'm not sure how precise that would be though.

When I did this I used my silhouette cameo machine.

Claudiaegb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudiaegb Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 7

I think some parts must be done by an exacto or a cutting knife, and some, more detailed, must be done with an stencil and buttercream or royal Icing....

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 7

I'm pretty sure that cake appeared on a UK contest show where 3 bakers competed for a contract. This was for a pagan wedding or "handfasting". It was the winning cake and templates were used.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

My guess would be they used a machine of that kind. I GUESS you coukd use an exacto knife and a paper template on top of black gumpaste? I'm not sure how precise that would be though.

When I did this I used my silhouette cameo machine.

oops, is this your cake Morgan ?

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 7

A

Original message sent by cakebaby2

oops, is this your cake Morgan ?

Oh no!!! Sorry if I made that unclear. I should have said when I did that style of cake. So sorry!!

dcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcakes27 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 7

I think you could use patchwork cutters, they also emboss and I don't see any detail in the picture but there's an idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%