Expert Bakers Your Advice Needed -Is This Recipe Correct?

Baking By newcakepassion Updated 15 Oct 2014 , 7:52pm by MBalaska

newcakepassion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakepassion Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 4

AStrawberry pound cake Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 3/4 cup sugar 12-15 fresh strawberries hulled and chopped 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk 1/2 cup butter(soft,room temperature) 1/2 cup curd 1/4 cup milk 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 vanilla bean scrapped 1/4 teaspoon salt Preheat oven to 180C.Cream in sugar and butter until well mixed and light.Next add condensed milk,curd and mix well.Add scrapped vanilla and mix well. Mix all dry ingrediants, now mix wet n dry ingrediants n add milk n mix until combined. Bake for 55-60mins.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 4

what is curd? strawberry curd? cheese curd?

i think about the only way to determine if this is a viable recipe or not is to bake it and see unless someone else has made it

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 4

AWarning: I haven't made a cake with these proportions before, so my opinion is just from reading!

First, there's no eggs in this pound cake, which is a little odd. I don't see much in terms of ingredients that could then substitute for eggs to give structure to the cake, apart from the curd. I'm guessing this is a soft curd cheese?

It also seems to have A LOT of wet ingredients compared to the dry ones.

But it's just as [@]K8[/@] said, you'll have to suck it and see. (that's have a go in Australian....)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniemog 

Warning: I haven't made a cake with these proportions before, so my opinion is just from reading!

First, there's no eggs in this pound cake, which is a little odd. I don't see much in terms of ingredients that could then substitute for eggs to give structure to the cake, apart from the curd. I'm guessing this is a soft curd cheese?

It also seems to have A LOT of wet ingredients compared to the dry ones.

But it's just as @K8 said, you'll have to suck it and see. (that's have a go in Australian....)

no eggs........it's not a pound cake.  It may make something that is more like a cheesecake in texture. However even cheesecake has eggs for structure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%