Three Toned Buttercream Help

Baking By smile22 Updated 12 Oct 2014 , 8:30pm by winniemog

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 5

so i am making my apple spice cupcakes for our church potluck i am doing 2 dozen 

i know how to do  a two toned using three piping bags two with the frosting add to the third bag and then pipe

but this time instead of doing my caramel marshmallow vanilla buttercream i wanted to tint them the colors of candy corn and pipe onto cupcake. my plan was to use the large star tip to pipe 1m

i saw somewhere online where the colors were layered in the bag side by side. does that work does anyone have any better methods 

because i am doing three tones i am making an extra batch of my buttercream recipe

its 2 sticks butter unsalted softened 

1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff

caramel sauce i dump a good amount from the jar enought to give it the flavor but not overpower

vanilla extract

and 3 cups of powder sugar

with a single color i can get 24 piped but with three tones i would need extra 

4 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

AI can't remember what people call it, but you wrap each batch of buttercream in cling film separately and drop them side by side into a piping bag....somebody must have their brain up and functioning and know what to search for!

You could fill a piping bag with the three separate colours, just use a big bag and rotate it in your hands to fill.

Probably easier with the cling sausages though....

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 5

Astriped -- you are making a striped piping bag

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 5

AThat's the thread [@]MBAlaska[/@], thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%