10" Chocolate Reese Cup Shell

Decorating By tmd71 Updated 8 Oct 2014 , 5:35pm by rjcakes

tmd71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmd71 Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a 10" chocolate shell made to look like a Reese cup.  My plan was to use a quiche pan, but the deepest I can find in that diameter is 2"... I need at least 3-4" to accommodate the height of the cheesecake... Is there a way to make a pleated liner to brush with the chocolate?

5 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have the giant cupcake pan?  If so that's the best to use for a chocolate shell.  I used it when I made a giant Reeses peanut butter cup cake and I got the idea from others here  (ddaigle). There are other threads here in the forum on this topic. 

http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3135643/a/3386537/had-posted-this-photo-of-the-giant-reeses-cup-before-but-it-disappeared-from-my-gallery-o-thanks-to-ddaigle-for-the-great-idea-and-tips/

wow - i had no idea the name was this long!

Good luck

T

tmd71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmd71 Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 6

Ano I don't have the cupcake pan but it would be too small anyways I need it to be 10 inches in diameter

kpny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpny Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 6

what about parchment paper?    if you can get some 18 inches wide - you can make something like a giant coffee filter - to fit into the pan & then gently brush the chocolate onto it.   The other option - maybe a little less time consuming - with parchment paper - just make the collar - double or triple the circumference - fold accordion style & use that around the edge.  you'll just need to be real careful where the bottom & the paper join - to seal that before applying the chocolate to bottom & sides.

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 6

How about using a 10" (or larger) pie plate? If you use a glass one, once you coat the inside with chocolate, you can pop in the freezer for a few minutes and then the chocolate "shell" should pop right out.

Good luck!

RJ

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 6

oops - just read you need it to be 3-4 inches high and most pie pans are probably 1-2 inches....you could tape acetate onto a pie plate (it's the correct shape without the ridges) and extend the sides then brush on chocolate?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%