Hi Guys.. Pls Help.. Is It Buttercream Frosting?

Decorating By glepril Updated 1 Oct 2014 , 9:07am by kakeladi

glepril Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glepril Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 9

Ahi guys i need help my nephew turns 1 this october and i'm planning to bake 2 tiered cake and smash cake.. And i saw a pic 1 of my fb friend i asked her what kind of frosting she used on her cake.. But she rplied and said she's not using fondant but i guess she dnt like to share her techniques.. This is the cake.. What do u think guys? Thanks in advance..:D [IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288713/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

8 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 9

ASince your friend replied that she isn't using fondant, then my guess would be buttercream. Looks like she just rounded the edges. You can do that with viva paper towels.

cai0311 Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 9

AThe cakes look like they were airbrushed green and blue. It doesn't look like the icing was colored before applied to the cake.

glepril Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 9

AHi cai thanks for the help.. But anyway what do u think what kind of buttercream she used? Smbc or imbc? So u think applied first the frosting and color with airbrush?:)

cai0311 Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 9

AThere is no way to tell what kind of buttercream she used. But any kind of buttercream will have that same look if you ice it with a rounded curve at the top.

It looks like the cake was iced with white icing and then the cake was airbrushed. The color doesn't seem to be evenly done - like it would be if the icing itself was colored.

glepril Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 12:13am
post #8 of 9

AAlright i will try it.. Thank u cai

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 9:07am
post #9 of 9

.........what kind of buttercream she used?...........

Looks to me like it could be rolled buttercream.  Otherwise, it probably is a very smooth ABC that has been airbbrushed to make it shiny like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%