How Can I Find A Buyer For Unopened Bulk Ingredients I Can't Use?

Business By MissionCity Updated 24 Sep 2014 , 8:11pm by -K8memphis

MissionCity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissionCity Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 2

So awhile back, I fell in love with this European whipped cream stabilizer, Dreidoppel Fond Royal, and purchased a case of "neutral" flavor and raspberry flavor from my favorite restaurant supplier. It was so much easier to use than the plain gelatin I was using before. Each case comes with two 5.5 lb bags. Long story short, I have received certification from the Dept. of Public Health to operate a cottage food business out of my home, but that means that under the law, I can no longer use whipped cream as a filling or frosting on my cakes. (I am in California.) So, I now have two unopened 5.5 lb bags of this lovely product which I will never be able to use, worth about $140, which I would love to have back so I can spend it on something my business CAN use. Does anyone know of some forum for selling bulk pastry ingredients? I guess I can always put it up on eBay, but I didn't see anyone else selling anything like that so I don't know if that would be successful.

Thanks,

Charity

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 2

i think i'd just go knocking on some local bakery doors and ask them -- and there's a trust issue there -- not that you're not trustworthy but they need to have chain of command too -- y'know like when you fly you gotta say if anyone other that you had your luggage and all that -- so if you know someone in the business that's a good way to go -- and if someone buys it that you don't know ------ ...  .... ----- don't eat there :lol: they'll buy anything 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%