Bands Of Buttercream On Wedding Cake?

Decorating By Britterfly Updated 22 Sep 2014 , 2:52am by morganchampagne

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 9:36am
post #1 of 5

How do you make the bands/lines that are around this cake? Do you use a tip? If so, what number tip? Do you just pipe a row around & around the cake? Or is this done another way?

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 5

Do you use a tip? If so, what number tip?

Yes... petal tip of your choice.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 5

I'd use a flat tip like you'd use to do a basketweave. Start at the top and do one row, then work your way down the cake. You'll need a steady hand and a good turntable.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 5

Yeah the flat tip - I think the carnation tip would work best and I *think* the # is 150.  Unless you want to buy another tip - then get one that is about 1" wide. Seems to me the carnation tip is about 1/2".

CWR41 mentions a petal tip - I think she is referring to a rose tip and that will give you a fat end w/a narrow end - so your row upon row will not look as good as using the carnation tip.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 2:49am
post #5 of 5

AA tip is make sure you don't over fill your bag, or you will loose control of the bag. Which is absolutely essential for this design. I have abnormally tiny hands. It takes me forever to do something like this...I'm looking for a picture but can't seem to find it.

Steady hand is key

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%