Stopping A Figurine From Face Planting

Decorating By HB86 Updated 24 Sep 2014 , 11:11pm by HB86

HB86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HB86 Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 1:44am
post #1 of 3

AHello fellow cakers, I need some advice regarding figurines. I recently made a beast (beauty and then beast) figurine using gum paste. As he was setting he started leaning more and more forward (he was quite top heavy). I worked out that one of the support skewers must have been moving through the icing sideways allowing him to lean. I managed to prop him up and he survived and looked as though he was bowing in for dance! I’m about to take on some Little Miss and Mr Men figurines who have little feet. What’s the best way to support these so that their little feet don’t become squashed underneath them? I’m also worried the skewer will push through the top of the figurine. I have 10 days! Thanks in advance x

2 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 9:50am
post #2 of 3

AUse lots of CMC or tylose in your paste, it will dry faster. Plus if you have time, build the legs and let them dry before you build the torso etc, then they won't get crushed under weight if body.

HB86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HB86 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 3

AThank you for your help! All is going well so far.[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288392/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%