Does Anyone Ever Have This Happen?

Decorating By easyaspie Updated 8 Sep 2014 , 11:52pm by easyaspie

easyaspie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easyaspie Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 3:38am
post #1 of 6

AI find it often that costumers don't really give feedback on their product. They just say okay great. Hand the money over and then that's it. Then others ofcourse compliment it.. So I don't know what to think. What does " okay great " mean.

5 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 3:55am
post #2 of 6

When they return and buy again, or send other people to buy from you......they liked it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 6

think of it this way-- last time you got a pizza delivered did you call and say how good it was? or when you went out to eat did you call the chef/linecook over and congratulate him/her?

you have to believe in your product and know it's great -- some people will really love it -- very few may not like it at all --most people will be fine to delighted with it --

i think this is the determining factor if someone is ready to open a business or not -- others on here think you need to have a good portfolio, be proficient at baking/decorating and know your business ins & outs -- and while all that obviously is important i think the determining factor in knowing if you're really ready to open and run business is if you can roll without feedback  -- 

you gotta be convinced

best to you

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 8 Sep 2014 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 6

If there was a problem with the cake you would hear about it immediately.   So no news is good news.

And I agree 100% with K8memphis.

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 8 Sep 2014 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 6

I usually like to follow up with the customer the next day to see how was the event/party and how was the cake.

And whenever I do this, I usually get great feedbadk, or they tell me whatever it is that they want to tell me.

I notice when I dont ask, I dont hear anything. Which doesnt necessarily mean that they didnt enjoy the cake, because that same person will order again and again.

So it all depends

easyaspie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easyaspie Posted 8 Sep 2014 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 6

AOkay thanks everyone! And yeah that's very true about ordering food or anything else for that matter. When I worked at tim hortons he'll broke loose when a coffee was wrong. But we never got anyone telling us when it was good. And the same day I posted this I got a text from a lady who picked up a cake hours earlier. "Cake was great, thanks."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%